Digipro Computer Consultants Ltd successfully organized the above seminar on 27 – 28 of April 2015 at Aquamare hotel, Paphos with Dr. Sanjay Nadkarni.
Each participating company will be offered an on-site presentation of a shortened version of the programme, tailored to the specific needs of the firm.
Aim of this program:
Digital strategy focuses on organizations in the hospitality and tourism industry that can leverage digital platforms in optimizing their market mix and gaining a competitive advantage in a rapidly evolving business landscape.
Strategic tourism management and marketing is of absolute importance during this period of crisis in Cyprus. Information Communication and Technologies (ICTs) provide a range of proactive and reactive tactical tools to support strategic tourism marketing for tourism destinations, travel trade and hospitality organisations. Social media in particular have changed the rules of engagement with consumers and made them co-creators and co-promoters of the tourism product.
Success in DIGITAL requires exposure to a range of concepts and techniques including (though not restricted to) search engine optimization, disintermediation, paid search marketing, digital marketing channels and co-branding strategies. It is also important to know when to select a specific combination of these mixes. Similarly, to make a website or social media platform more effective requires knowledge of a range of success factors for traffic building including accessibility, data integration and content, usability, persuasion and visual design. The importance of leveraging distribution channels in engaging with guests and visitors and achieving conversions enabled by digital convergence platforms, in particular, the Social Local Mobile (SoLoMo) trinity needs to be noted as much as the emerging trends in shared economy.
These strategies focus on promoting Cyprus as a tourism themed destination and contain the latest research and management techniques. During the seminar there will be demonstrations on how to use strategic tourism management and marketing, explore the external environment, develop and manage internal resources and reengineer all business processes in order to take advantage of the new realities.
- To be more familiar with the latest state of the art ICTs and their disruptive role in integrating the entire tourism industry and economy.
- To get an overview of the technological enablers for the hospitality and tourism industry.
- To be familiar with the major and more up-to-date technological developments trends in global tourism industry.
- To appreciate the importance of strategic tourism marketing and management and use the analytical tools for diagnosis, prognosis and rapid action.
- To perform a SWOT and PEST analysis for their individual organisations.
- To identify the tourism organisation stakeholders and their relation to co creation and competition of content.
- To perform risk and possibility analysis – the factors affecting tourism.
- To design channel distributions, pricing and metrics and KPIs for measuring performance and effectiveness of the new technological systems.
- To develop search engine optimisations (SEO) and search engine marketing
- To get to know more about the Social Media, Web 2.0 and User Generated Content in the tourism industry.
- To design Social Local Mobile (SoLoMo), Social networking and engagement with tourism stakeholders.