- Teachers (pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, adult education)*
- Teacher trainers(pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, adult education)*
- Curriculum coordinators/designers (pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, adult education)*
- Head teachers/principals/deputy-assistant heads/academic heads/managers (pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, adult education)*
*Any discipline/subject is welcomed including science, ICT/technology, engineering, mathematics, languages, business/finance, arts, sports and other.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of Artificial Intelligence in education and how Artificial Intelligence can change the way we learn and work.
- Comprehend the learning relationship between the Thinking Brain and the Digital Brain.
- Understand the need to prepare students for continuous change using unique devices, apps, tools and resources.
- Be familiar with the power of Augmented reality as an ultimate educational tool to inspire and engage student’s knowledge
Skills-related objectives: (Be able to)
- Use Mobile Tech, Artificial Intelligence and Augmented reality tools and recourses to develop Literacy, Numeracy, Scientific and Engineering skills for life long learning.
- Integrate the pedagogical aspect of learning with tablets and iPads and artificial Intelligence tools into the Middle and High School Years Curriculum.
- Set up and personalize new tech tools and recourses for different students whether they have special needs or are gifted and talented.
- Use high tech devises from various operating systems and technologies to challenge and engage creativity and Innovation in the classroom.
- Engage students for indoor and outdoor learning with Augmented reality apps and new Tech devices.
The workshop methodology aims to support participants in how to expand their own personal skills and knowledge. This aim will be accomplished by providing robust and well-designed case studies, integrating sample educational demos, presenting and discussing real-life scenarios, performing group assignments and demonstrating web-enabled tools and recourses. There will be also presentations using PowerPoint slides, videos and various other multimedia tools.
Participants will be guided in a very concise way, both on the strategic side and on the practical classroom management side. Participants will be asked to bring their own materials into the seminar and will be encouraged to interact with the lecturers and other participants. This workshop will follow a very pragmatic approach that will enable the active participant interaction.
The seminar notes are going to be available to participants in hard copies as well as in electronic form via a dedicated online class blog.
Participants are strongly encouraged to bring their own laptops
Prior to the course, participants will answer a questionnaire. All answers will be posted on a special class blog. These will include the following:
- Basic information on the social context of their school.
- Description of the prevailing culture regarding innovation and creativity.
- The ethos of the school regarding 21st century practices and on line tools.
- The expected impact for school, students, and teachers.
Day 1 – Sunday
16:30 – 18:30
Plan Your Learning Goals
- Moving beyond reproducing old practices with new tools.
- Creating a focused pedagogical vision for learning.
- Rethinking pedagogy curriculum, assessment and teaching practices.
- Establish new norms and cultivate a culture of sharing
- Effectively managing a blended learning environment with Artificial Intelligence tools and recourses.
- Embrace the diversity of devises and applications but remember that Artificial Intelligence isn’t going to replace the amazing, intuitive, creative human brain.
- Getting to grips with the devices and Apps to revolutionize teaching and learning for all in Middle & Secondary Schools.
DAY 2 – MONDAY
9:00 – 12:30
Raising Standards in Numeracy using Mobile Technology and Artificial Intelligence.
- Differentiation & Inclusion in the classroom using technology Apps to revolutionize teaching and learning.
- The best apps for creativity in the STREAMS (Science, Technology, Reading, Arts, Mathematics and Social Sciences) classroom.
- Designing innovative learning spaces that foster Innovative learning practices.
- Effective Assessment for Learning using technology.
14:00 – 16:30
Adding Pace And Variety
- Transforming teaching with tablets and Apps.
- Learning collaboratively and globally.
- Following students’ learning journeys by identifying individual learning needs and selecting appropriate apps that enhance personalized learning.
- Using Mobile Technology to support learners with Special Educational Needs (1Primary & 1Secondary)
- The Ultimate use of Technology in the Arts
DAY 3 – TUESDAY
9:00 – 12:30 Rebooting for Change: Is more Technology the answer?
- Thinking beyond digital tools.
- Algorithms and their effects as they curate every
- Smart machines augment teacher and student our capabilities,
- Smart machines and their increased influence on our perceptions, opportunities and decisions.
- Leveraging the importance of self- and social awareness as well as Artificial Intelligence awareness. Taken together, these skills and dispositions create a sense of agency—the ability to take ownership of learning, grow through effort and work with other people in order to do the learning you need to do.
- Leveraging iPads and tablets as innovation hubs.
- Identifying the right tools to promote the acquisition of goals.
14:00 – 16:00
- Choosing Apps by Design for STREAMS level of Integration.
- Personalizing tablets and iPads for special needs and for the gifted talented learners.
- Extending learning in the house and getting parents more involved.
- Developing your own lesson plans using tablets and iPads integrating all aspects as these are described above.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY
09:00 – 10:15
Let’s Get Physical! Focusing in activities and Learning achievements
- The plug-and-play approach.
- Adopting new methods and using them to add value to learning.
- The learning potential of e-books.
- Tips for successful e-book implementation.
- Bringing learning to life with 3D and 4D immersive books and videos.
- Empowering students with Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence. Showcase of various such tools for supporting scientific, mathematical engineering literacies.
14:00 – 16:00
Case study: Artificial Intelligence is transforming our classrooms
Artificial intelligence is beginning to transform classrooms through customizable content and tracking and monitoring diagnostics. Artificial Intelligence can automate basic routine work, such as grading simple tests. It can apply greater levels of individualization through adaptive learning programs, games and software, and Artificial Intelligence tutors can support students through basic mathematics. … Adaptive testing will provide questions that suit the current ability of individual students.”
DAY 5 – THURSDAY
9:00 – 12:30
Let’s Make It Work, Count And Review
- Let’s make it work: implementing lessons that are differentiated and inclusive.
- Mobile tech for creativity and shared learning experiences.
- Choosing the right device and the importance of digital leaders in your education technology learning vision.
- Counting and reviewing learning exercises and learning outcomes.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY
09:00 – 12:30
Group project: Connecting Social Emotional Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Machine intelligence will make workplace predictions cheap, but human judgment even more valuable. The abilities to read social situations and develop productive relationships are, for the foreseeable future, uniquely human skills, and will become increasingly important and valuable in an automation economy.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY
The future of learning in safe hands – teachers, parents and learners from Middle to High School levels.
Participants will present their innovative teaching activities using various apps and be able to share their learning and showcase during the workshop.