Reimagining the 21st Century Learning Habitat through the Effective Integration of Mobile Technology at Middle & High Schools
Chryso ChristodoulouCEO - Founder
Ms. Chryso Christodoulou is the founder of FUNecole® Research Institute and the co-founder of Digipro Education Ltd. Her academic background is in Computer Science and Education. She is the designer and author of the FUNecole® for Cambridge ICT Starters Initial Steps endorsed by University of Cambridge International Examinations and recognized best practice educational approach by the European Commission. Ms. Christodoulou is an external educational expert for the Institute of Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS) on various educational research projects. She is a program committee member for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers’ (IEEE) Computer society. Mrs Christodoulou participates as keynote speaker and panelist at numerous conferences, seminars and workshops around the world. Ms. Christodoulou´s work has been published in scholarly and policy publications, such as IEEE Xplore and the European Parliament Magazine. She is a recognized as an entrepreneurship expert by OECD and is one of 350 European Ambassadors of Entrepreneurship.
Nina Jackson Independent Thinker, Author, Associate Director ITLWorldwide Mental Health Ambassador & creator of Mind Medicine approachNina JacksonIndependent Thinker, Author, Associate Director ITLWorldwide Mental Health Ambassador & creator of Mind Medicine approach
Nina Jackson is the director of Teach Learn Create that offers teacher professional development courses in UK and the world. The courses focus to develop teachers to purposeful and effectively use technology and particularly mobile devices in the classroom.
Nina is a new generation of innovative teachers and the the first woman to join Independent Thinking Ltd with Ian Gilbert in 1999. Nina inspires and motivates teachers to “be the best that they can be” and uses the Independent Thinking’s motto of ‘Do things no one does or do things everyone does in a way no one does’, as her philosophy for educational change. With this heritage of superb teaching and learning, an associate director of the internationally acclaimed Independent Thinking and best-selling author;Nina Jackson is an educational force to be reckoned with.
Nina has been a lead contributor in a BBC documentary called Kids Behaving Badly where her skills for engaging and inspiring disaffected learners were hailed as “pure magic”.
The programme includes:
- Two full-days seminar at a luxurious venue.
- Half a day consulting session for each participating company.
- An extensive report for each participating company formulated to their needs. The report will include recommendations and suggestions for further consideration by the management.
- Full access to a seminar blog containing all presentations and further additional support materials and resources for each seminar participant.
- Full lunch and three coffee breaks for the two-days seminar for each seminar participant.
- No VAT is imposed to Digipro Executive Management Seminars. Please contact us for clarifications.
The current knowledge of the 21st century skills and education emphasizes the need for a broader range of skills to complement the basic literacy, numeracy and scientific skills that are currently taught a tour schools.
There is an imminent need for advanced teaching approaches, assessment strategies and reporting or grading systems. There is a need to accommodate new innovative skills and competences within an existing educational structure and curriculum. Schools need to reimagine the learning habitat with an effective integration of Mobile Technology in order to develop higher level skills, to implement appropriate pedagogies, to reevaluate the curriculum, the evaluation strategies, and other instructional features.
As Cyprus belongs to this global technologically emerging community, schools need to foster skills such as creativity, innovation critical thinking, and digital competencies if they want their students to survive in this world of change.
SUBSIDY, ATTENDANCE, AND CANCELLATION POLICY
HRDA Subsidy and Seminar Attendance
- A company’s participant is eligible for a subsidy when their Social Insurance and Industrial Training contributions have been settled in full by the time of registration/seminar. In case of ineligibility/disqualification, the company will be invoiced the full amount per participant.
- A company’s participant is eligible for a subsidy if he/she completes an obligatory attendance of 75% or more (both during seminar and company visit). In case of failure to complete the attendance, the company will be invoiced the full amount, per participant.
Cancellation and Substitution Policy
- Cancellations can be accepted up to 5 working days prior to the seminar without penalties. For any cancellations received after the deadline (or no-shows), the company will be invoiced the full amount per participant.
- Substitutions can be accepted any time prior to the seminar without penalties.