Developing “Polymath Minds” with Tinkering Computational Thinking, and Robotics
Chryso ChristodoulouCEO - Founder
Ms. Chryso Christodoulou is the founder of FUNecole® Research Institute and the co-founder of Digipro Education Ltd. Her academic background is in Computer Science and Education. She is the designer and author of the FUNecole® for Cambridge ICT Starters Initial Steps endorsed by University of Cambridge International Examinations and recognized best practice educational approach by the European Commission. Ms. Christodoulou is an external educational expert for the Institute of Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS) on various educational research projects. She is a program committee member for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers’ (IEEE) Computer society. Mrs Christodoulou participates as keynote speaker and panelist at numerous conferences, seminars and workshops around the world. Ms. Christodoulou´s work has been published in scholarly and policy publications, such as IEEE Xplore and the European Parliament Magazine. She is a recognized as an entrepreneurship expert by OECD and is one of 350 European Ambassadors of Entrepreneurship.
The programme includes:
- Two full-days seminar at a luxurious venue.
- Half a day consulting session for each participating company.
- An extensive report for each participating company formulated to their needs. The report will include recommendations and suggestions for further consideration by the management.
- Full access to a seminar blog containing all presentations and further additional support materials and resources for each seminar participant.
- Full lunch and three coffee breaks for the two-days seminar for each seminar participant.
- No VAT is imposed to Digipro Executive Management Seminars. Please contact us for clarifications.
The University of Oxford forecasts that in the next 20 years 47% of jobs around the globe will become completely automated. This proliferation of Computers, Apps and Robotics contributes to the growing anxiety that machines and artificial intelligence will make workers obsolete in the future. Meanwhile, predictions on the number of devices that will be in use by 2020 as part of the Internet of Things range from 20 billion to 75 billion.
Schools and teachers from all disciplines need to teach students how to remodel the technological world around them and truly become creators and inventors of new ideas and solutions rather than consumers of technology. 21st-century teachers need to combine multiple disciplines, enhance learning and prepare students for diverse pathways that prepare them for unforeseen career paths.
21st-century classrooms need to become places of great joy, creativity, and collaboration. Schools need to actively enhance student participation by offering multidisciplinary learning experiences in order to create “polymaths”… These polymath, versatile, flexible, highly innovative, creative minds ought to be ready to change professions at least 3 times during their lifetime (Think Tank on Global Education, Harvard, 2016).
At the moment, national curricula are advocating that students need to be exposed to computer science, coding (“Learn to Code Before You Learn to Read”), computational thinking and robotics from kindergarten to 12th grade! Teacher communities and schools need to inspire students to imagine and take control of their own destiny with enthusiasm and confidence.
This seminar is aspirational, inspirational and practical, as it offers school leaders, educational consultants and curriculum coordinators values, tools and activities that enrich and accelerate the learning process and place the students in control of their own destiny.
SUBSIDY, ATTENDANCE, AND CANCELLATION POLICY
HRDA Subsidy and Seminar Attendance
- A company’s participant is eligible for a subsidy when their Social Insurance and Industrial Training contributions have been settled in full by the time of registration/seminar. In case of ineligibility/disqualification, the company will be invoiced the full amount per participant.
- A company’s participant is eligible for a subsidy if he/she completes an obligatory attendance of 75% or more (both during seminar and company visit). In case of failure to complete the attendance, the company will be invoiced the full amount, per participant.
Cancellation and Substitution Policy
- Cancellations can be accepted up to 5 working days prior to the seminar without penalties. For any cancellations received after the deadline (or no-shows), the company will be invoiced the full amount per participant.
- Substitutions can be accepted any time prior to the seminar without penalties.