Using Generative Artificial Intelligence to Architect Innovative Pedagogical Practices, Instruction and Assessments.
Chryso ChristodoulouCEO - Founder
Ms. Chryso Christodoulou is the founder of FUNecole® Research Institute and the co-founder of Digipro Education Ltd. Her academic background is in Computer Science and Education. She is the designer and author of the FUNecole® for Cambridge ICT Starters Initial Steps endorsed by University of Cambridge International Examinations and recognized best practice educational approach by the European Commission. Ms. Christodoulou is an external educational expert for the Institute of Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS) on various educational research projects. She is a program committee member for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers’ (IEEE) Computer society. Mrs Christodoulou participates as keynote speaker and panelist at numerous conferences, seminars and workshops around the world. Ms. Christodoulou´s work has been published in scholarly and policy publications, such as IEEE Xplore and the European Parliament Magazine. She is a recognized as an entrepreneurship expert by OECD and is one of 350 European Ambassadors of Entrepreneurship.
Kyriakos ChristodoulouHead of R&D and Innovation
Kyriakos Christodoulou holds a BSc in Computer Science and a Master’s Degree in Innovation Management. He has been working in digital education projects at Digipro since 2011. He is primarily active in R&D on primary school curricula, developing partnerships with European institutions and agencies, participating in training and organising exhibitions, European seminars trainers education(Comenius and Grundtvig), online learning content authoring (Flash, HTML, Authoring tools), platform /web front-end design and development (HTML/CSS), education requirements analysis and design as well as alpha and beta testing.
Since the emergence of ChatGPT, there has been much talk in education about Generative Artificial Intelligence (Gen AI) apps and tools. Much of the discussion has been focused on how Gen AI will replace teachers and how students will use Gen AI to write their papers and complete
assignments and projects. While both of those issues may have some merit, it is important to reshape how teachers approach the use of Gen AI in the classroom. Gen AI is here to stay and will be a part of our students’ future, therefore we need to account its potential for designing teaching and learning. This innovative seminar will introduce new pedagogical practices that Cypriot Schools can adopt around Gen AI to use in class processes, in student engagement, and for assessing learning outcomes.
- 07:30 - 08:30
- The future of learning and development will be powered by Generative AI. (Gen AI)
- • Architect learning outcomes with Gen AI.
• Learning at the forefront of all Gen AI supported teaching practices.
• How using Gen AI contributes to students being able to meet the learning goals that drive each lesson?
• Gen AI as a powerful new driver to assessing and reporting learning outcomes.
• The benefits and perils of Gen AI.
- 08:30 - 10:00
- Guided Group Projects.
- • Using Gen AI to Elevate Learning Activities.
• Using Gen AI to Assist with Real-Time Progress Monitoring.
- 10:00 - 10:15
- Coffee Break
- 10:15 - 11:45
- Enhancing teaching and learning
- • How students develop information literacy and fluency to determine “fake news” from trusted scholarly sources, we also want students to understand Gen AI, how it is used, and the potential uses it has to enhance their learning?
• How a Gen AI lesson plan tips and best practices that can be helpful as own lessons that incorporate the use of Gen AI in the classroom.
• Never use AI without the permission of your school.
- 11:45 - 12:45
- Class Project
- After reviewing the Case studies and additional - subject relevant recommended readings, videos, links-, participants will create their own presentations on the subject using presentation or eLearning authoring tools. Participants will be expected to post their projects on the dedicated seminar blog.
- 07:30 - 09:30
- New Pedagogical Gen AI Enriched Approaches
- • Gen AI Enhanced Lesson Plans for Middle Grades
• Gen AI Enhanced Lesson Plans for Middle & High School Grades
• Gen AI Enhanced Lesson Plans for High School
- 09:30 - 09:45
- Coffee Break
- 09:45 - 12:15
- The Best Free AI Image Generators
- Creating a photorealistic image with image generators
- 07:30 - 09:00
- Recapitulation of the previous day
- Recapitulation of the previous day and continue with the study of how schools can connect, scale and mainstream these promising new models, standards and approaches.
- 09:00 - 10:00
- Teachers as Learning and Development Leaders. (L&D Teacher/Leaders)
- The demand for teacher transformation as L&D leaders increases year over year since the pandemic. Teachers have the massive responsibility of shepherding schools into the future through L&D strategies that create a culture of learning help student’s stay relevant to the continuous demands of the workforce.
- 10:00 - 10:15
- Coffee Break
- 10:15 - 11:45
- Allow students to work with ChatGPT
- • The uses of ChatGPT classrooms: ChatGPT might offers editing advice or suggestions if students asked it to read their papers and provide suggestions.
• The potential perils of using ChatGPT in lesson design.
• Use ChatGPT to improve student writing, not merely ChatGPT to write for them.
• Student writers should still be the ones vetting the information AI generates.
• Chat GPT can be a Co-Pilot not the Pilot.
- 11:45 - 12:15
- Group Presentations
- Present group projects that contain learning experiences beyond expectations driven by authentic passion and need
SUBSIDY, ATTENDANCE, AND CANCELLATION POLICY
HRDA Subsidy and Seminar Attendance
- A company’s participant is eligible for a subsidy when their Social Insurance and Industrial Training contributions have been settled in full by the time of registration/seminar. In case of ineligibility/disqualification, the company will be invoiced the full amount per participant.
- A company’s participant is eligible for a subsidy if he/she completes an obligatory attendance of 75% during seminar and 100% on the company visit. In case of failure to complete the attendance, the company will be invoiced the full amount, per participant.
Cancellation and Substitution Policy
- Cancellations can be accepted up to 5 working days prior to the seminar without penalties. For any cancellations received after the deadline (or no-shows), the company will be invoiced the full amount per participant.
- Substitutions can be accepted any time prior to the seminar without penalties.
- Τhroughout the seminar participants must have their camera and microphone open, for better communication and as defined by the specifications of HRDA otherwise participants will not be approved by HRDA.