Reimagining the 21st Century Learning Habitat through the Effective Integration of Mobile Technology at Middle & High Schools
Chryso ChristodoulouCEO - Founder
Ms. Chryso Christodoulou is the founder of FUNecole® Research Institute and the co-founder of Digipro Education Ltd. Her academic background is in Computer Science and Education. She is the designer and author of the FUNecole® for Cambridge ICT Starters Initial Steps endorsed by University of Cambridge International Examinations and recognized best practice educational approach by the European Commission. Ms. Christodoulou is an external educational expert for the Institute of Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS) on various educational research projects. She is a program committee member for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers’ (IEEE) Computer society. Mrs Christodoulou participates as keynote speaker and panelist at numerous conferences, seminars and workshops around the world. Ms. Christodoulou´s work has been published in scholarly and policy publications, such as IEEE Xplore and the European Parliament Magazine. She is a recognized as an entrepreneurship expert by OECD and is one of 350 European Ambassadors of Entrepreneurship.
Nina Jackson Independent Thinker, Author, Associate Director ITLWorldwide Mental Health Ambassador & creator of Mind Medicine approachNina JacksonIndependent Thinker, Author, Associate Director ITLWorldwide Mental Health Ambassador & creator of Mind Medicine approach
Nina Jackson is the director of Teach Learn Create that offers teacher professional development courses in UK and the world. The courses focus to develop teachers to purposeful and effectively use technology and particularly mobile devices in the classroom.
Nina is a new generation of innovative teachers and the the first woman to join Independent Thinking Ltd with Ian Gilbert in 1999. Nina inspires and motivates teachers to “be the best that they can be” and uses the Independent Thinking’s motto of ‘Do things no one does or do things everyone does in a way no one does’, as her philosophy for educational change. With this heritage of superb teaching and learning, an associate director of the internationally acclaimed Independent Thinking and best-selling author;Nina Jackson is an educational force to be reckoned with.
Nina has been a lead contributor in a BBC documentary called Kids Behaving Badly where her skills for engaging and inspiring disaffected learners were hailed as “pure magic”.
The programme includes:
- Two full-days seminar at a luxurious venue.
- Half a day consulting session for each participating company.
- An extensive report for each participating company formulated to their needs. The report will include recommendations and suggestions for further consideration by the management.
- Full access to a seminar blog containing all presentations and further additional support materials and resources for each seminar participant.
- Full lunch and three coffee breaks for the two-days seminar for each seminar participant.
- No VAT is imposed to Digipro Executive Management Seminars. Please contact us for clarifications.
Much of what is known on 21st century skills and education, describes a situation where a broader range of skills is needed to complement the basic literacy, numeracy and scientific skills that are currently taught in our schools. There is real need to use digital technology to develop innovative skills and competences that will enable graduates of schools and universities in Cyprus to deal with an emerging economic, environmental, technological, political and social challenges of the current century.
There is a need to advance teaching approaches, assessment strategies and reporting or grading systems. There is a need to accommodate new innovative skills and competences within an existing educational structure and curriculum. Schools need to Reimagine Learning Habitat with effective integration of Mobile Tech in order to develop higher order level skills and validate appropriate pedagogy’s, curriculum assessment and evaluation strategies and other instructional support.
Furthemore, Cyprus belongs to a global community and we need to develop our students so that they are equipped with the skills, knowledge, creativity and digital competencies to be able to survive in this world of change. The foundation for this change is to begin equipping students with the tools they need regardless of their learning and living differences. The key is to diffentiate our instruction and use the most appropriate digital devices that will enable us to cater for all students including those students with special needs and the Gifted and Talented. Using tablets and iPads from middle to high school years becomes a vital part of our instruction.
Tablets and iPads make learning more personalized and focused for each student. For example, we all learn differently and with a few taps here and there each student can have a customizable iPad with material, apps and personalized learning tools to meet their needs, regardless of their learning and living differences. 3D and 4D immersive books and videos that bring learning to life. Augmented and Virtual Reality applications empower students to see beyond what their imagination may conjure. Tactile interaction where a student can have a learning relationship between their own thinking brain and the digital brain – the iPad. It’s an inclusive, differentiated tool that will surpass all other digital devices and empower Cyprus students to be equipped with learning skills and knowledge that will help them be ready for any future global educational change.
Conclusion: Tablets and iPads for students from Middle to High School Years in Cyprus is the ultimate learning tool for themselves as well as teachers. Preparation and skillful mastery for learning from Middle school years is crucial aspect of future learning. No student should be left behind. All Cypriot students need to be prepared and ready for change!
SUBSIDY, ATTENDANCE, AND CANCELLATION POLICY
HRDA Subsidy and Seminar Attendance
- A company’s participant is eligible for a subsidy when their Social Insurance and Industrial Training contributions have been settled in full by the time of registration/seminar. In case of ineligibility/disqualification, the company will be invoiced the full amount per participant.
- A company’s participant is eligible for a subsidy if he/she completes an obligatory attendance of 75% or more (both during seminar and company visit). In case of failure to complete the attendance, the company will be invoiced the full amount, per participant.
Cancellation and Substitution Policy
- Cancellations can be accepted up to 5 working days prior to the seminar without penalties. For any cancellations received after the deadline (or no-shows), the company will be invoiced the full amount per participant.
- Substitutions can be accepted any time prior to the seminar without penalties.
- Τhroughout the seminar participants must have their camera and microphone open, for better communication and as defined by the specifications of HRDA otherwise participants will not be approved by HRDA.